Sunday, August 21, 2011

okra poppers





David Chang once said that true "sustainable" cooking involves using every part of an animal, including the often-discarded head of a pig. Since reading this, I have felt wasteful throwing away any unused part of an ingredient, including vegetables. Looking at my small and medium-sized okra leftovers, I decided to batter and fry the small guys and stuff the medium-sized guys with roasted jalapenos and mozzarella....the latter being inspired by my favorite Jack-in-the-box snack: jalapeno poppers :)

I served with lime juice and it was quite a nice way to add lightness to this otherwise heavy snack.

Recommended aperitif: Trade Winds Tripel beer. Especially for those of you that normally don't like beer, this is very light with a lemony flavor, brewed with thai basil and basmati rice. Read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment