Monday, August 29, 2011

the hasselback potato




As per my David Chang mantra, (see here), I wanted to find a good use for the rest of my potatoes. Also potatoes are quite scary with all their fuzzy eyes when they become neglected in the pantry, so I try to use them all before they come back to life.

I got this recipe from Joy the Baker (click here). One of my favorite things about her food is how colorful it is. I was also excited to see lemon zest as an ingredient, because I love holding little bits of lemon peel as if they were lemon babies in my hand. I pet them a few times before throwing them in the food processor and apologizing profusely.
I love this pesto recipe because it uses cashews instead of pine nuts (aka expensive nuts) and it doesnt cost me 10$ for one bite of pesto.

My neighbor said that the finished product looked like a little french potato wearing a green beret. I find the key to this dish is the generous use of butter on the potato, along with the nice addition of lemon into the pesto. I made 20 of these for a dinner party and I was happy to hear mumblings of their deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment