Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am not a chef: part 1



I am not a chef. I am actually a busy individual that wishes I had enough time to make every recipe from scratch, but most nights I have 10 minutes to make dinner. So I love, love, love when I find something that I can put together quickly and still enjoy it. Everything from this dinner came from Trader Joes and was suuuuper cheap...

mini potatoes
fresh chives
sour cream
organic corn chip "dippers"
beef chili (they also have vegetarian and turkey)

This is what I do:
1. First I start with the potatoes. I saw my mom do this thing where she cuts a bunch of slices into the potatoes, which makes it cook faster all the way through the potato. I drop them into boiling water for 5 minutes with some sea salt.
2. Then I fish out the potatoes, drizzle them with olive oil, salt, pepper and stick them in the broiler for 5 minutes so that the skin gets a nice crunch.
3. During this 5 minutes I cook the chili on the stove, finely chop the chives, and place a handful of chips on a plate.
4. Last step is to add the potatoes and chili, a nice dollop of sour cream topped with the chives ...et voilĂ !

Delicious and much better than fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment